Dunkley candidates forum 2019
Frankston Council will once gain host the Dunkley electorate candidates forum. Join us on the 15th of May to speak with your local candidates prior to voting.
An opportunity for community members to hear directly from their candidates in the lead up to the federal election.
Hear each candidate’s position on Council’s priority advocacy projects, including:
- Electrification of the Stony Point rail line from Frankston to Hastings
- A new regional centre for tennis and gymnastics at Centenary Park
- Expanding Jubilee Park Indoor Stadium for basketball and netball
- Continued revitalisation of Frankston’s city centre
Time and date:
- Wednesday 15 May, 7-8.30pm (arrive from 6pm for prompt 7pm start)
- Functions by the Bay, Plowman Place, Frankston (enter via steps from Plowman Place)
There will be an opportunity for community members to have their questions read aloud for candidates to answer. This can be done by writing your question on a card, handing it to event staff which will be read aloud by the event host. This gives community members who don’t feel comfortable asking a question in front of others the opportunity to participate. To submit your questions early, email them here. Pens and question cards will be available throughout the night.
No RSVP required. All welcome.
To learn more about Council’s advocacy priorities, click here.
For election commitments from candidates, click here.
Chris Crewther, Liberal Party (current sitting Member)
Peta Murphy, Labor Party
Emily Green, The Greens Victoria
Lachlan O’Connell, Derryn Hinch Justice Party
Elizabeth Johnston, Animal Justice Party
Ronald Jean, United Australia Party
Christopher James, Fraser Anning Conservative
Yvonne Gentle, Rise Up Australia Party